- 2017.09.25 - Dimitri 3.81 - IGT Rome 2017
Dimitri 3.81 Zip file - Download
The zip file contains engine with book and config file, The WB2UCI files (DimitriUCI.exe), new logo for Winboard, Arena and Fritz GUI.
This version of Dimitri partecipated in IGT 2017 in Rome (www.g-sei.org).
--- Info ---
Dimitri is a Visual Basic 6 application, requires VB6 Runtime installed on your system to work.
(on Windows 8/8.1/10 Dimitri did not even issue without runtime installed, but this is can not be a guarantee for your computer)
- 32Bit Chess Engine (not own gui)
- Chess Engine Communication Protocol (WinBoard)
- About 2280 ELO on FCCG 180+3 Rating and 2400 ELO on Italian G-SEI rating list
- 10 progressive difficulty levels
- The Opening Book is simple text file, You can edit it by using windows notepad or other text editor
- Improved evaluation functions (new threats eval, center control, new opening and endgame phase eval, pieces position bonus, new king safety eval)
- Improved search (iterative deepening, qsearch, null move, futility pruning, lmr... thanks to Salvatore Giannotti for advice)
- Play style becomes more defensive than previous versions
- Dimitri now is more alert to the threats
- Style Options : Default, Defensive and Aggressive
- Add Hash Table Size option up to 512Mb (only from ini file - min 32mb max 512Mb)
- Add WinBoard 'Feature Option' (Chess Com. Protocol 2.1) so, you can now configure Dimitri directly in GUI or use the config file.
- If Dimitri records a drastic change in loss score and the Resign value is true, he retires
You can use Winboard 4.8 , Arena GUI or Ubisoft Chessmaster to play with Dimitri
Dimitri Works also in Fritz, Acquarium, Chessbase, ChessPartner or Chess Assistant through WB2UCI adapter (included like DimitriUCI.exe).
Thanks to :
All G-SEI Group (Gruppo Scacchi E Informatica) an Italian group of people dedicated to chess programming (www.g-sei.org).
Norbert Raimund Leisner for Help with Dimitri test and for advice, also to the Computer-Chess Wiki (http://computer-chess.org/)
David Dahlem for the frist and historic Dimitri logo official used up to version 3.01.
You can find many logos and artworks by Norbert Raimund Leisner, Graham Banks, David Dahlem here
Please note : Now name is Dimitri and no longer DimitriWBE!