Last Release 17-mar-2019
Winboard Chess Engine
- 32Bit Chess Engine (not own gui at the moment)
- Chess Engine Communication Protocol 2.1 (WinBoard)
- Dimitri 4.82 is about 2600 Elo FCCG 180+3 and 2570 Elo Italian G-S.E.I. Rating
- 10 progressive difficulty levels!
- The Opening Book is simple text file, You can edit it or create new by using windows notepad or other text editor
- Style Options : Balanced, Defensive and Aggressive
- Reasoning Options : Thoughtful, Doubtful or Sure (this option affects Dimitri's used time, depth search and moves generator)
- BookFile Option (only from ini file for the moment - require a simple txt file. the book is easy to edit or create new with a simple text editor)
- Hash Table Size option up to 1024Mb (only from ini file - min 32mb max 1024mb)
- Draw Contempt option
- Fixed WinBoard 'Feature Option' (Chess Com. Protocol 2.1) so, you can now configure Dimitri directly in GUI or use the config file
- Resign option. If Dimitri records a drastic change in loss score and the Resign value is true, he retires
Dimitri is a Viusual Basic 6 application and requires VB6 Runtime installed on your system to work.
(on Windows 8/8.1/10 Dimitri did not even issue without runtime installed, but this is can not be a guarantee for your computer)
You can use Winboard, Arena GUI, ChessGUI_net or Ubisoft Chessmaster to play with Dimitri in WInboard native mode.
Dimitri Works also in Fritz, Acquariumz ShredderGUI, ChessPartner, Chess Assistant or other UCI GUI throught WB2UCI adapter (included like DimitriUCI.exe)
Please note : Now name is Dimitri and no longer DimitriWBE!
The zip file contains engine with new small book and config file, The WB2UCI files (DimitriUCI.exe), new logo for Winboard, Arena and Fritz GUI
---Dimitri (C) 2001-2019 Luigino Viscione---